An Iranian Muslim had been visiting where we were one day. He said that he would not believe unless Allah told him to follow Jesus. One night, during Ramadan, he was in his room when a voice told him three times to “follow Jesus.” So he decided to obey the voice and gave his life to Christ.
This is one of several stories that I received from One Mission Student summer missionaries about their summer missions experience. Stories like this one are not commonplace in many of our lives, but they remind us of the work of the Holy Spirit across the globe. How great and powerful is our God!
One Mission Student summer missionaries served across the globe this summer – from Miami to New York City to South Asia to West Africa. Each experience was different. They served among many different people groups throughout the summer. Hundreds of people heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ as these students shared. I rejoice in the many who have heard and the seeds that were planted.
I also rejoice in sharing with you that there have been 125 reported professions of faith reported from One Mission Student missions efforts this summer. Reports are still coming in. Several students are just getting back to the U.S. from their fields of service. I anticipate more stories of God’s work, salvation and seeds planted among many peoples through these students’ efforts.
Please join me in praying:
- for follow-up to take place in many who heard of God’s love for them this summer.
- for follow-up among those who have placed their faith in Christ.
- for new believers to share with those in their spheres of influence
- for student missionaries to adjust to life back in “their normal.”
- for student missionaries to be intentional in sharing the stories of God’s work with their peers, churches, BCMs, etc., mobilizing others to be on mission.
- for student missionaries to be intentional in making disciples on their campus, in their homes, etc.
- for God to raise up those impacted by missions efforts this summer (students, parents, churches, etc.) to live lives on mission.
What a privilege it is to know that God has allowed us to be a part of His plan for all peoples to come to know Him, as we pray, give and go for His glory!