Numbers really do matter. They can help us understand the magnitude or scope of an issue or problem (COVID-19 numbers being a case in point), or they can be skewed to a particular point of view or stance resulting in confusing and confounding the issues.
More importantly numbers can represent lives – lives of individual students impacted by Baptist Campus Ministries on campuses across Alabama. In this case, each number is a story of how God used BCM, campus ministers and fellow students to make a difference on college and university campuses this past year. During the past school year, BCM in Alabama:
- impacted more than 45,000 students.
- involved 7,324 students in BCM on 42 Alabama campuses.
- guided 567 students and others in making decisions to follow Christ.
- involved 1,881 students in Bible study and discipleship groups.
- involved 1,225 students in collegiate missions.
To God be the glory! Each of these numbers is a student who has in some way been impacted and influenced by Alabama Baptists’ ministry to our largest and one of the most important mission fields.
Thank you, Alabama Baptists, for making sure the Gospel is going forward on college and university campuses across our state. There are still more than 200,000 unreached students on Alabama campuses. Pray for campus ministers and students as they prepare to REACH EVERY STUDENT!